Friday 9 September 2016

SKINSTITUT First Impressions

Skinstitut Skin Care First Impressions


My skin has tendency to be quite reactive, therefore I'm quite wary of adding new products into my regime. When I do it can lead to an annoying rampage of random breakouts and the waste of an expensive product that I'd been excited to try - although my mum probably doesn't mind too much.

That is why I love it when a brand offers a skin profiler. You tell it a little bit about your skin and it's concerns and a few moments later you have a rough idea of what products would be best for you from their range.

The Skinstitut profiler does exactly that. You tell it your age, your gender and your main skin concern before completing a few simple statements before voila, 5 products that suit your skin type. Obviously, these products are just a suggestion and you'r advised upon completing the profiler to talk to a Skinstitut therapist to help you further in choosing the perfect products.

Skinstitut products fall under 5 categories - hydrating, anti-ageing, brightening, calming and clearing. Due to my skin being prone to break outs, congestion and blotchiness I was suggested to try products from the clearing range. You can mix them across the categories or stick to one in particular, it depends on you and your skin.

You can buy Skinstitut products from Recreate Yourself, Australia's largest online hair care and beauty store. Soon you will also be able to use the Skinstiut profiler on their website so make sure to check them out.

My products arrived from RY a week ago and I've been using them daily ever since so I thought I'd share my first impressions with you.

Skinstitut Skin Care First Impressions

L-Lactic Cleanser
This cleanser is fine for all skin types but particularly if your skin is dehydrated. The formula really hydrates the skin while the L-Lactic helps to strengthen and reduce sensitivity in the skin.
I really like this cleanser. I've found that it leaves my skin feeling really clean and fresh after I've used it. I use it in the morning on it's own but in the evening as a second cleanse after I've removed my make-up with a cream cleanser. It smells lovely but isn't over powering or chemically and it doesn't leave a horrible sticky residue on you skin which I've found some gel formulas have done.


Skinstitut Skin Care First Impressions

Enzymatic Micro Peel
This is basically a super gentle way of exfoliating. It's designed to smooth your skin so that overtime your complexion looks brighter and healthier.
This product is so gentle. Even my temperamental skin hasn't had an issue with it and I was really worried it would. It leaves my skin feeling soft and moisturised and gets rid of any flaky, dead skin that's hanging around so my skin looks glowy and feels really clean. I've been using this every other day and so far am loving the results.

Skinstitut Skin Care First Impressions

Even Blend Serum
This serum is perfect if you've got any unwanted pigmentation on your skin at all. The serum helps to fade scars, sun spots, all sort and also brighten the overall complexion as welling as helping to prevent future damage. It also helps heal breakouts which is perfect for me.
This is the first serum I've tried so I can't really compare it but it feels lovely and light on the skin and absorbs really well. It doesn't smell amazing but that goes once you've applied it. I've been using this morning and evening before moisturising and am excited to see if it does what it says on the tin
.
Skinstitut Skin Care First Impressions

Moisture Defence - Oily
This is a light weight, oil free moisturiser that doesn't clog pores but hydrates and smooths as any good moisturiser should.
This is the only product out of the five I'm not completely sold on. For me it's not hydrating enough. All though I do get oily patches, particularly in my T-Zone, it's not horrendous and I think this product is designed for people who suffer with real over production of oil which I think is why it isn't right for me. It is a really lovely, light moisturiser so I've been using in the morning with the serum before the SPF but at the moment I'm not sure it's one I'd go back to.

Skinstitut Skin Care First Impressions

Age Defence SPF 50+
This is a broad sprctrum, light, hydrating SPF that protects agains UVA, UVB and premature aging. What more can you really ask out of an SPF?
SPF is such a crucial part of a skincare routine and part that most people forget. Forget anti-aging products if you're young and aren't yet showing signs of aging you need an SPF and that is all. Once you've got your SPF sorted and in check, think about a retinol.  This one is lovely and light and isn't sticky like some SPF's can be despite it's thick consistency. It's a high SPF (higher than necessary for everyday but can you really use an SPF that's too high?) so is only doing good things for you skin in the long run.

I'm really enjoying trying out these new products and will check back in a month or so to let you know what I think of them and if they'r going to be sticking around in my skin care routine or if I'll be giving them the boot. At the moment, apart from the moisturiser, they're all doing pretty well.

I'd definitely recommend heading over to the Recreate Yourself website to check out the full Skinstitut range and also the profiler. They've got heaps of other skin care ranges on there as well so if you're looking for something new it's a great place to check out what's out there.

Until next time,

Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Bloglovin | Pinterest | Youtube

Disclaimer Compensation was provided by ry.com.au. All thoughts herein are my own and are not indicative of the opinions or position of ry.com.au or Skinstitut. 

No comments:

Post a Comment