Wednesday 3 February 2016

TBR20

TBR list paper stars

This blog has always had quite a heavy feature of books. I love reading and always have, however, with having been travelling for two years reading feel on the back burner a bit and although I read a few books I didn't read as many as I wanted to. It also means I've got a lot of books on my shelves and kindle that have gone un-read for a long period of time.

This year I'm trying something, a bit of a project. And we all know how much I love a project. 

It's called TBR 20 and to make it even more of a project I made some paper stars too.

So what's the concept? Read 20 books you already own before purchasing, coming into the possession of, borrowing any more books. So basically no new books until you've read what you've got. 

Sounds simple and it is simple. The idea is that you motivate yourself by knowing you can buy a book after you've put down number 20 so you race through all 20 books to get to the book shop ASAP. The difficult part is having the will power not to pick up a book on your lunch break because you left the book you've been reading at home. 

I decided to make it even more of a project and a bit more fun that will possibly help me see the project through. If you fancy making some paper stars for this project or another one check out The Readables tutorial. They're really easy and good fun. 

So why not try TBR 20 yourself and let me know how it goes?

Until next time,








No comments:

Post a Comment